April 1st is the day of the year where the joke is on you, and some of the most creative minds have come up with epic pranks that have fooled millions around the world. From the BBC's spaghetti tree to Google's scent search engine, the history of April Fools' Day is full of outrageous and hilarious hoaxes that have become legendary. Lets take a look back at some of the most unforgettable pranks that have fooled us all, leaving us laughing and shaking our heads in disbelief. Get ready to be amused and amazed as we explore the greatest April Fools' Day pranks of all time.
1. The Great Spaghetti Harvest: In 1957, the BBC broadcasted a news segment about the Swiss Spaghetti Harvest. It showed footage of people harvesting spaghetti from trees and claim that a mild winter had resulted a bumper crop. Many viewers were fooled by the hoax and called in to ask how they could grow their own spaghetti tree.
2. The Left-Handed Whopper: In 1998, Burger King announced that it was introducing a new menu item: the Left-Handed Whopper. The sandwich was the same as the original Whopper, but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for left-handed customers. Although the Left-Handed Whopper was a joke, many customers ordered it anyway.
3. The Eiffel Tower Goes Disco: In 1985, a radio station in Paris announced that the Eiffel Tower was going to be converted into a giant disco. The station claimed that the tower would be fitted with thousands of lights and a sound system that could be heard throughout the city. Although the prank was quickly revealed, many people had already started planning their disco outfits
4. Google Nose: In 2013, Google announced that it had developed a new feature called Google Nose. It claimed that users could search for smells and get a whiff of their results through their computer or mobile device. Although Google Nose was an April Fools' Day joke, it sparked a lot of interest and led many people to try and smell the internet.
5. The BBC's Flying Penguins: In 2008, the BBC aired a video showing penguins flying over the Antarctic. The video claimed that the penguins had evolved to fly in order to escape predators. Although the video was a hoax, it was well received by many viewers and sparked a lot of discussion online
These are just a few of the many April Fools pranks that have been pulled over the years. Whether they are elaborate hoaxes or simple jokes, April Fools' Day is a great opportunity to have a bit of fun and make people smile